Like a product we offer but would prefer to see YOUR own images?
We can do that, as easy as 1-2-3!
- You indicate the product to be personalized and provide the images and appropriate releases.
- We generate the product, send you a digital proof for approval; upon your approval we publish it and notify you when it’s ready.
- You purchase it at the normal price for that product — no additional charge to you for the personalization process.
Maybe you’ll want 1 copy or 1,000 (for your friends and family and every one you meet on the street). Maybe you’ll change your mind and not want one at all. So how can we personalize the product for you and not charge you for that effort? Because upon your approval of the requested product for publication we will make the personalized product available for others to purchase as one of our standard products.
Via the releases you’ll sign, you’ll be giving Woodrose Press irrevocable, worldwide, non-exclusive and royalty free right to use, copy, modify or adapt your provided Images for commercial or non-commercial purposes. This allows us to create product(s) using your images and then sell those product(s) to you and to others. The product(s) would be at minimum the one you requested with the potential for using those same images in other offerings, at our sole discretion.
The product(s) might be hits, or might be duds. If you and/or others purchase any of the product(s), we see monetary compensation for our time. Yay! If the product(s) don’t sell, we’re out the time and effort it took us to prepare and publish and, well, that’s the risk we take by offering a personalized product in this manner.
We do reserve the right to turn away requests for any reason, but the most likely reason would be lack of time. Whatever the reason, we’ll be sure to let you know if we should have to decline your request.
You are not making any commitment until you approve the requested product. Once you approve it we publish it. We will also refrain from using your submitted images in any offerings should you not approve publication of the originally requested product.
We’re game. Are you?
We’re working on getting the full request and approval workflow online. In the meantime, please submit a kick-off request below and we’ll get the process started.
After you submit the request, you should get a confirmation email. If you don’t receive it within a few hours please check your SPAM folder.
We’ll get back to you as soon as we can. At that time we’ll answer any questions you sent and provide the release for you to sign and a method for submitting the desired images.
NOTE: we ask for up to 14 days to respond, just in case we’re on vacation or something with no email access, but we usually reply much, much sooner!
We respond to every request, so if you should not hear from us within that window, please reply to the email confirmation or try another method of contact so we can move forward with your request (and figure out what happened to the original request on our end).
While you’re waiting on us, here are the image specifications so you can start determining which images you have that will meet the requirements and pick the ones you want to use:
- Color Mode: Full Color or Grayscale*
- Covers are typically displayed in color if you provide color images. If you provide color images but would prefer the cover image to be in grayscale, we can certainly accommodate that preference.
- Interior images are typically displayed in grayscale. Products can certainly be generated with color images used on the interior if you prefer. However, please understand upfront that the cost runs significantly higher than the grayscale pricing! If you’re interested in a color interior, please indicate this in your request and we’ll quote you the final cost so you can decide.
- Orientation: Vertical Preferred for portrait-mode products, and horizontal preferred for landscape-mode products.
- Note: the opposite-oriented image — e.g. a horizontally-oriented image for a portrait-mode product — can be submitted for their mode. However, please be aware that only a portion of that image will be used and your overall image size will need to be larger.
- ☆ Resolution: 300 dots per inch (DPI)
- This MUST be combined with pixel width and height MINIMUMS for overall suitability.
- ☆ Pixel Width and Height MINIMUMS (it’s okay if the image is wider, or higher, or both) and how to determine :
- This MUST be combined with Resolution DPI for overall suitability.
- Multiply the final dimension of the product – width or height – by the required DPI
- Example for a 6″ x 9″ portrait-mode product, click on image for a visual depiction of this example
- the product width (6″) x the DPI (300) results in a minimum width of 1,800 pixels
- the product height (9″) x the DPT (300) results in a minimum height of 2,700 pixels
- Number Needed: depends on the product selected.
- e.g. the weekly planner uses 12 images, 1 of which is then also used as the cover.
- Discouraged, but allowed, kinda. Sorta:
- People: If one or more identifiable humans appear any image, model releases will be required to be signed by each such person and provided along with the image.
- Brand Names, Logos, Trademarks, Protected Buildings, Etc: all no-nos unless you care to track down and secure and potentially pay for licensing of same and provide proof of that to us. This can be time-consuming and potentially costly. The easiest thing is to avoid selecting images with any of these types of items. e.g. no swoosh logo, no hour-glass bottles of soda, so brand names on t-shirts, sports equipment, no Taj Mahal in the background, so on and so forth.
* Grayscale can be thought of as a color image with 0% saturation, which then visually renders the image all in gray on a scale from 100% (essentially black) to 0% (white).