See how the ceramics books work together:
|Title / Purchase Link ||Description ||Author(s) |
|CERAMICS! Glaze Recipe Tracker|
|A tracker for glaze recipes and their trials for ceramics.|
Record data on base recipe % amount of each material, additives & colorants. Slots for 1:1 and 4 additional multipliers. Track glaze name, glaze source, transparency, surface, target atmosphere(s), target cone range, date used, Testing and Glazing Log reference -or- item description plus firing notes, tweaks made, and how it turned out.
- 15 recipe pages.
- 30 tracker pages – 2 pages per recipe = 29 tracker slots per recipe.
- 25 notes/sketches pages (with faint grid pattern) – 1 per recipe, plus 10 additional at the end.
8.5″ x 11″.
|CERAMICS! Kiln Usage, Maintenance, and Program Tracker|
|A tracker for kiln usage, maintenance, and programs. Designed to be used for one (1) kiln. |
Record data on:
- 1 Kiln info page.
- 33 Usage and maintenance tracker pages (12 entries per page = 396 entries per kiln).
- 15 Program page sets (1 each to record segments and notes, 1 each to chart segments).
- 10 Notes / sketches pages.
Kiln — brand, model, fuel, serial number, purchase date, purchase price, source, shape, size interior, volume, phase, volt, amps actual and recommended breaker, hard-wired or receptacle type, cycle, watts, firebrick thickness, shipping weight, max temperature, and max cone.
Usage and maintenance — date, start time, program #, max temperature reached, max cone reached, end time, hours run, hours total, run or maintenance notes, cost of this run or maintenance item, and total cost.
Program — program type, run type, target cone, purpose, segment action, temperature from, to, and difference, rate °/hr, approximate time of segment, approximate total time of run, and additional notes. Also can chart the segments as temperature over time, up to 48 hours, or use that page for additional notes and sketches.
8.5″ x 11″
|CERAMICS! Testing and Glazing Log|
|A log file for tracking test tile and glazing decisions for ceramics.|
Record data on clay type, max cone, description of the piece, how and when you manipulated in the greenware stage, bisque settings, how and when you manipulated in the bisque stage, firing settings, and a space for additional notes.
6″ x 9″
- 50 form pages (= 150 individual pieces or sections).
- 10 “Ceramics 101” pages.
- 10 notes pages.
- 74 pages in total.
- 124 form pages (= 372 individual pieces or sections).
- 22 notes/sketches pages (with faint grid pattern).
- 150 pages in total.
W. Rose Gray