For the last couple of weeks, I’ve been pre-procrastinating. With my last day of day-job work looming I’ve spent weekends and evenings doing some of the things that I know would otherwise cause me to procrastinate once I’m officially writing full-time.
- Revamp this website. Done.
- Start blogging. Done.
- Add links to blogs of friends, family, acquaintances, and more. Done
- List favorite authors. Done.
- Add links to useful sites. Done.
- Set-up reference shelf. Done.
- Establish working method and provide a progress report area for hubby (and anyone else who’s curious) to view. Done.
- Wait patiently for Friday 11/18. In-Progress, but not so patiently.
Currently, I plan to take two weeks off and officially start the full-time writing gig, along with spreading the real estate broker word more widely, on Monday, December 5th. I have a few pre-procrastination items for the broker world as well, so maybe I’ll knock those out between bouts of outlining and relaxing during my staycation. The problem, and it’s a wonderful problem to have, is that once the creativity starts to flow it’s difficult to turn it off and I’ve already been suppressing it for A Long Time.
Maybe I won’t be able to give myself that time off after all. :0)